December 28, 2010

12/29 the Winter solstice

12/29, Fine day, Kumatori-town, Osaka, 10miles

I start fund-raising on “facebook causes” to raise awareness Eco friendly life more by providing some bamboo products. I want to donate some bamboo gardens and bamboo bowls and plates to the Glide Memorial Church, a nonprofit organization in San Francisco, visited this March under ESI program which VIA provided, gave me an inspiration to start my journey cross country United States with bamboo bike.



Bamboo garden: I want to purchase 4 bamboo gardens from Bamboo Giant, located in Santa Cruz, visited on Sep 8 2010 with bamboo bike, a partner on this donation project, they will give 25% discount on any and all bamboo gardens which I purchase from them. These bamboo gardens will go on display in “the creative space” of Glide Memorial Church which is a very pleasant small gallery used for glide's members and guest art exhibits. The room has high ceiling (12-15 feet high), and uses lots of recycled and renewable materials, including bamboo flooring.

Bamboo bowls and plates: I want to purchase 20-25 bamboo bowls and plates from any company. These bamboo bowls and plates will be used to provide cooking classes to neighbors in the community about improving diets through cooking healthier meals using local ingredients in "the new demonstration kitchen" of Glide Memorial Church.



On Dec 22, this day is called “Touji” in Japan, the winter solstice, on this day night time is longest in a year (also day time is shortest in a year). And there are some traditions on that day in Japan, some people put some Citrus junos into a bath, and take such bath, also eat pumpkin. I took a bath with 3 Citrus junos, also ate pumpkin. Now in Osaka, my hometown, it is getting colder,   it had already snowed a little twice, not covered the ground. I spend wonderful time with my family.  Takashi 2010/12/29 @Kumatori, Osaka

1 comment: