November 14, 2010

11/14 Bardstown

11/14 Fine day, from Falls of Rough to Bardstown, 95miles



I woke up 3:30a.m. started to cook breakfast outside, 2 deer hunters prepared for hunting. I cooked 3packs oatmeal, bread with peanuts butter. We started 5:00a.m. Around here and there it was still dark and somewhere I could see fog. We encountered many cars of deer hunters.


When I passed White Mills which was a small town, I noticed a trouble of my right-front bag(pannier). I noticed screw which attached right-front carrier with right front fork was cracked. I could not carry front bag attached with right-front carrier, I decided if I carry right-front bag by hand or if I put it on the sleeping bag. I decided that I put it on the sleeping bag, I remembered 2 ropes which were not use now. I binded bag with sleeping bag by using 2 ropes. I was lucky to have ropes. If I did not have those ropes... Oops, I may I must drop some equipments or carry bag by hand while riding long way. I was very lucky. I need to repair right-front carrier, if I can I want to repair before we pass the Appalachians. Because there are bike shop in Berea which is open Tue, (Monday is closed), I am planning we will go bike shop in Berea on Tue.



In Sonora I ate the second breakfast, 2 bread with peanuts butter and energy bar. My legs were sore, but I fekt it was good for me. Today we could run 95miles, it was good practice/ rehabilitation before the Appalachians.

Today was very beautiful, gentle slopes of hills were spreading broadly such like a green wave of sea. There were many corn fields which were already harvested, these were brilliant like a golden sand in desert of Arabian night. Cows sometimes stopped eating, gazed at us. There were some small ponds which color ware green, brown.


Before arriving at Bardstown(89miles), I dropped by grocery store, and ate a sandwich and talked the staff of the store, she was a college student, we talked about Japan, coin, culture, deer hunting, bamboo and many thing. At that time I was taught by her that my watch was 1 hour later.

Because I felt hungry much I ate dinner in restaurant, "Kurtz restaurant".. I ordered "Kentucky traditional foods". I ate fried chicken, beets, gravy, and pie as a dessert. Very good, particular I like beets. Fried chicken...Kentucky traditional foods...I see, Kentucky fried chicken. There are many store chain of KFC in Japan. Additional I drank beer "Miller Lite" tonight. And I saw booklet on which one sentence was written, "Kentucky bourbon trail".  Kentucky....  basketball, horse racing, bourbon, fried chicken, fried turkey, roller coaster road, chasing dog, deer hunting, bike hostel...now I am studying.

"Beer blog"
Miller Lite:  light taste/ clear taste, not creamy, not darker, like bud, coors, busch.



Recently, on the way, I often think about myself, several luckies surround me. I am feeling these luckies are not mine, someone/ something I can not realize gives me. I often think of Jesus, God, I think I should read Bible. We stayed at Old Bardstown Inn tonight. The Appalachians was coming closely, It was a little bit cold outside. Tomorrow I plan to go to Harrodsburg, Good night.
Takashi 2010/11/14@Bardstown,KY


2 comments:

  1. hello

    I am not the god but come here^^. You seemed to run about 100kilometers a day yesterday. It sounds good distance for your practicing.

    About me I have jogged 5~10 kilometers a day for fifteen years. So I think I have jogged about 20,000kilometers in total...

    I took part in Kyoto City Half Marathon nine times, but it is a pity that the race was over because of financial difficulties in Kyoto City.

    But I am quite a fun runner so I jog at 9kilometer/hour. I have jogged almost all every day.

    Why jogging? I will tell you next.

    Any Why NZ, because he coincidently contacted me the other day.


    shuichi

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry for my late response, wow, great, you are strong runner!

    ReplyDelete